Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I will...Remembering 9/11

I just made my pledge of service on the 9/11 Day of Observance site. Now 30 million people observe this day in the spirit of "good deeds unite us through positive action." My pledge was to continue to dedicate making my art in the service of peace on earth.

One year ago I wrote a post about 8 collages I created, ritually listening to Mozart's Requiem mass, K. 626 to honor those who died in the attack on the twin towers. It was the "Rolling Requiem" project for the first anniversary of 9/11.

©Kathleen O'Brien, Requiem, Sanctus
It was sung around the world for a 24-hour period by chorale groups in 2002. The collages are in the originator's Seattle Symphony collection. Pictured here are the other 4 from the series, named for the movements from the Mass. I invite you to listen to Mozart's mass in prayer for those who died 12 years ago.
©Kathleen O'Brien, Requiem, Tuba Mirum
©Kathleen O'Brien, Requiem, Confutatis


©Kathleen O'Brien, Requiem, Liber Scriptus

No comments: