Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Botanical Drawings for Pleasant Hill

©Kathleen O'Brien, Catmint, drawing, 7x5"
©Kathleen O'Brien, Catmint, drawing, 7x5"
So far this year I have been feeding my passion for drawing. I was thrilled when Lorin Ingerson, buyer for Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill commissioned me to draw some botanicals specific to the village for greeting cards. She is inspired to expand on the theme of shaker herbs in her 3 shops at the village. It makes sense, as the current Shakers at Sabbath Day Lake still grow and sell their herbs. It must be the oldest ongoing herb market in America. You can buy them at the Craft store, and see the greeting card sets there soon.
©Kathleen O'Brien, Mulberry, drawing, 7x5"
©Kathleen O'Brien, Rose, drawing, 7x5"
©Kathleen O'Brien, Apple, drawing, 7x5"

©Kathleen O'Brien, Horehound, drawing, 7x5"


©Kathleen O'Brien, Elder, drawing, 7x5"

©Kathleen O'Brien, Flax, drawing, 7x5"

©Kathleen O'Brien, Tansy, drawing, 7x5"






3 comments:

Bo Mackison said...

These are lovely. Simple, yet enough detail to adequately identify the plants. What a wonderful fit for a Shaker Village.

Kathleen O'Brien said...

Thanks, @Bo we love shaker village. have you been to Pleasant Hill, Kentucky? It's interesting to me that the few living Shakers in Maine are still growing and selling heir dried herbs.

Candace said...

I just saw these, Kathleen, and I had to tell you how wonderful they are. Sets of cards are my favorite gift and I'll be sure to look for them in the shop at Shaker Village. XXX