Saturday, September 14, 2013

Homage to Birds at Tribeca Trunk

I am pleased to show a series of small, 7 x 6' varnished collages that are embellished with bead & fossils at the "Light, as a Feather" show at Tribeca Trunk. They are mostly white, a color that represents spirit for me. Birds remind me of my spiritual connections. "Homage to Birds" was created with those feelings.
©Kathleen O'Brien, Homage to Grey Parrot
These collages have graphite and ink drawings of various sacred geometrical symbols. Each has an antique encyclopedia piece about the bird. The botanical used it skeleton bodhi leaf.

©Kathleen O'Brien, Homage to Nut Cracker
There are 6 in the series. I look forward to talking to you about them either September 19 or 20 at Tribeca Trunk. I will be there both days from 5 - 8 pm. If you can't make it then, the show of 87 artworks will be there until October 20.

No comments: